me

me

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy European Day Of Languages!




Hello guys,
Today is the European day of languages (as mentioned above),
It is a celebration of languages not just European but all languages of the world!

As many of you may know I'm quite multilingual,my home languages are Gujarati and Hindi also because my grandparents lived in Kenya and Uganda for about 30 years so they can speak Swahili  hence my dad speaks a mixture of Gujarati and Swahili. 
My mum can also speak 5 languages if your curious which ones (Gujarati,Hindi, Urdu, English &Sanskrit [which is used in the Gita, it's the ancient language of India &{FACT}used for NASA encoding).
This gives you an idea of how big a part languages play in my life.

Currently I'm learning Gujarati which i will take for GCSE at a later stage and at school i'm learning French and German which i will also take for GCSE.

To get started I'm going to list the many ways I know how to say 
hello in other languages...

English-Hello
French-Bonjour
German-Guten tag
Hindi-Namaste
Urdu-Salaam
Russian-Privet
Swahili-Jambo
Spanish-Hola
Italian-buongiorno 
Sanskrit-namo namah
Gujarati-Jai shree krishna 
Image for "hello"  British sign language

As my Home language,I'll teach you guys some phrases Gujarati!
Hello-Jai shree krishna,Ram Ram 
My name is -મારું નામ છે[ Maru nama  ..(name) che]
I am 13 years old -હું 13 વર્ષ જૂના છું (hu ther varus ni chu)
How are you?-Kem cho!
Bye-avajo!

Ok so i hope you guys learnt some Gujarati

now i will leave you with a language orientated well in another language, it 
Ai se eu te pego by Michel tego which featured in the eurovision contest.






So guys until next time adios amigo! (language Spanish!)
Jemini:)
જેમિની 


No comments:

Post a Comment